Thread: So sad
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NBK

Thank you all for the kind words. And to Stella, a BIG thank you. You're words made me cry, not because they were severe, but because they are so true. Yes, my precious boy is learning about life from ABF and me. I know I need to remove myself and my boy from this toxic environment. This is no way for anyone to live, especially not a child. But I have to admit I'm scared of leaving. I know ABF will not give me up without a fight. He will make my life miserable no matter what. I don't know what the future holds for me & my boy, but it has to be better than the life I have chosen for us.

And to Learn2 Live - wow, you are so strong. Thank you for the kick in the butt - I really needed that! You're right, I am afraid of letting go. I keep thinking that he will wake up one day and realize what he has in me & that he will choose me over his booze. But I know I will always be second to his "mistress" and that no amount of begging, pleading and threatening to leave is going to change him. And it hurts.