View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

Depression Downward Spiral

I don't know what's wrong with me - I guess I'm just depressed. I was feeling so well and doing so well. But the past few weeks I've just gotten bored. For the first few months I was enjoying the peace and getting to do the things I wanted to do but wasn't "allowed." Then I focused on getting into the gym more, my appearance and things. I went online to meetup to try to find a few social groups. Unfortunately a lot of them aren't meeting very much...I think it's just they are getting into the new year. But the past few weeks, enjoying all the peace and serenity has kind of worn off and I"m just flat out bored.

This weekend was rough. Yesterday I just felt really depressed and messed up. I feel so alone. I've always been a bit of a loner and had a hard time making friends partially because I've never been into clubbing and staying out all night. I work on computers for a living and am introverted by nature, so I have a hard time finding where I fit in. I joined an improv class and dropped it because it was too much for me.

I bought a new townhouse last week and am really getting my life in order. I should be stoked. But even when I stopped by the townhouse today to take pictures of all the decor (I bought the model with all the upgrades) I felt blah and was thinking, "What's it matter" and "why bother being happy." What's happening to me? How can I snap out of it?

Anyone go through a phase like this? What did you do for yourself?