View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
coldmtn

Too bad about the lack of meetings. Thank goodness you found this site. I've not done the meetings here but they seem regular and I think that's important. And if they are anything like the Forum and Chat Rooms, very supportive.

For me, structure and resources have been SO very helpful in keeping my sanity. I kept questioning myself, like you are experiencing now. (I still do question myself. Growth thing I guess.) But when I'd return to a meeting, invariably I'd hear another member share something similar to what I was going thru. And I've heard at just about every meeting, other people sharing this same phenomenon. So that really helped me stay on target with self-help, ya know?

Detachment seems to be a watch word for me. I hear it a lot from my Sponsor and in the meetings. Learn to detach. So sounds like you are on the right track.

Also getting the book Courage to Change may be helpful. If they don't have it at the meeting you can order it online. It's set up for a short lesson each day of the year. I read it with a highlighter. HA! It also has an index in the back that can reference subjects that might come up in our lives.

I hope some of this helps. Best of luck and I'll keep looking for you here.