Thread: Brick by Brick
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

L2L, your post made me cry. Not exactly what I was expecting when I read it, but maybe because it's just so true.

I put so much on hold, due to his spending and his constant over-scheduling and his drinking...

I feel sorry for him, that he was in a car accident. I'm glad he's gotten out of the hospital. I'm grateful that he was in there, because it's more time he wasn't able to drink, and maybe more time for him to think about things. I'm sorry that our relationship degraded from the lies and manipulation so badly that I didn't believe him when he said he was in an accident.

But you know what? And this is how much this threw me for a loop, but I just realized this now. I am grateful that I did not pick him up, and kept the no contact going, because if I hadn't, I would have been in that car.

He always drove, unless he was completely drunk, and if I picked him up he would have driven starting at leaving from rehab, including some very major highways, rather than on the "neighborhood" roads near his house.

I would have been in the passenger seat. I might not be sitting here typing this right now.

...I have a lot of things to be grateful for. (You guys are also near the top of the list). Thank you.