View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

I know exactly how you feel and have been through it myself several times. They blame, point their fingers, tell everyone else how crazy you are, etc, all as a ruse to get others to look at YOU and ignore what HE is doing. The person closest to the alcoholic/addict becomes the primary scapegoat.
This is very true. My ex did the same to me. He threw me under the bus constantly and everyone hated me. I did tell one person some of the things he was doing behind closed doors and she couldn't believe it. So I know these people are completely unaware of what's going on.

What everyone else is saying is true. I understand how you feel and luckily I am am not your friend because I would probably be there with you pressing the mouse button to send.

But I can tell you that afterwards, you will feel bad about yourself and feel like you just made yourself look like "the crazy chic" that he is telling everyone that you are. At least...that's how I have felt when I did a couple of things. It really isn't worth it. Maintain your dignity and keep the footage for your own records in case you need it.