Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Hi twinkle1987. Please think about a couple of things. How were you feeling for that week that you were not in contact with him? Write it down. How did your week go? Were you confused about things in general? Then, how did you feel after you talked to him? A little boggled? Trying to figure out which way is up? Why did he want to keep it a secret? And how much energy have you had to expend thinking about him, what his motivations are, what you're going to do, how badly you feel now, etc?

Because what I found after going through what you are going through many times, is that when I was not in contact with the alcoholic/addict, I felt fine. Functioned fine. Got a lot done. Felt generally well. But once I would talk to them, listen to them, interact with them, I became confused. Scared. Hurt. All sorts of things. I discovered that interacting with them made me sick. And that if I wanted to NOT be sick, I needed to avoid that poison.

Yes, it was difficult at first because I felt lonely and missed them. Many times I would cry for WEEKS straight because I missed them so much. But then I focused on learning how to be alone without feeling badly. And you know what? After enough practice, I found that I LOVE being alone!!!!

I think this guy is bad news for you. And I think your instincts about some other girl are right. And I think you should trust those instincts.

(((hugs))) You can do this!