Thread: i did it!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
cb12

Smile i did it again!

Except it's not NO this time...
This time I figured out what my responsibilities are and where they end, and have taken steps to ensure that I won't do more than I am responsible for.

I live in my paternal grandmother's condo (who passed recently) and my A dad and his siblings will be selling the place in a couple months. Anyways they have decided to paint the entire interior of the condo before that happens. All of the furniture must be moved so that the painters can do their thing. My A dad and his sister are coming tomorrow morning to move furniture into the garage. I texted my A dad and told him that I won't be here tomorrow, but that I will move my stuff into my bedroom to allow him access to everything else.

My responsibility is to move my stuff. His responsibility is moving the furniture. I've made plans to go out for the day. I'm feeling good about this. In the past, I would have felt that i HAD to stay to help him. Plus, I have to write my letter of intent for graduate school-- I don't have time to be moving furniture all day.