View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Eddiebuckle

Pan, 12 beers is alot. When I was in my 20's, a twelve pack was not an unusual amount in a day/evening. Like Suki said, it is progressive. I can vouch for that - I am 44 and quit last Christmas after I simply couldn't go on any longer. The tough part about being young is that you really don't have much in the way of consequences - the body is pretty amazing in that way. Trouble is, by the time an alcoholic is internally recognizing (I would NEVER admit to those thoughts to my ex-gf at the time) that the tail has begun to wag the dog, it's extremely hard to stop and it's far easier to think that all is reasonably well and if it ever REALLY becomes a problem, I will deal with it then. Your bf is probably a wonderful and creative person, he sounds like it from your post. But if he is an alcoholic there's a lot of heartache coming down the pike.

I wish you well. If you were my sister, I would advise that you seriously think about whether a realtionship with this man is in your long term interests. Talk to him about his drinking, but if he is anything like I was at 24, he will dismiss what you are saying. Sorry, but that's my honest two cents worth. Feel free to reply or PM if you have further questions.

Edd

Last edited by Eddiebuckle; 01-28-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typo