View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Question Miracles? Or "pink clouds"?

My 75 days sober husband told me last night that the last 30 days in AA have been a spiritual awakening for him and he is feeling that a miracle has occurred because he has no cravings and feels very calm and serene. He says he prays everyday and God gets him through the tough stuff.

I feel happy for him for feeling this way, but can't help but see the timing at play here - 30 days I moved me and the kids out because I could see as long as I was there - he was blaming the marriage and not the alcohol. I pointed this out - gently - and asked him if maybe the stress reduction of having the family gone might be contributing to this feeling? He said it wasn't that, it was his acceptance of the 3rd step and finding his higher power.

??????

Anyone heard this stuff before? I want to believe in miracles - shoot who doesn't? But my BS meter is dinging here. Is this euphoria a normal process of recovery in AA? And will eventually come crashing down around him? Or am I being overly cynical? And is there such a thing as overly cynical when dealing with an alcoholic?!!