View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
tallulah

Originally Posted by Idul View Post
This is exactly as I am feeling. I hadn't recognized it as depression, but it really is. I have two little kids and just started college this week. I have not had a single moment to grieve and I guess I really need to. My kids are with my ex husband (not the same guy) this weekend and maybe all I really need is a nice hot bath, a chick flick, and a chance to cry.

Thanks for all of your responses.
It's 'depression'. Not necessarily the clinically diagnosed variety (hence the ' ' ) but more a slump. Bit like the economy.

Me? I put on really depressing songs about losing love or lost love and bawled my eyes out. I'm not the crying type, but omg it felt so good afterwards. Or, I'd throw on Bridget Jones' Diary, Love Actually or a similar movie which was a little soppy but had a soupcon of humour in it. I'd sit in my jammies, hair scraped back, tissues and something deeply indulgent to eat and I would just allow myself to feel whatever I needed to feel.

Before long.. I got damned sick of those songs and I found myself laughing all the way through the movies.

Be gentle with yourself.. it's o.k to be feeling what you are feeling.. in fact, I would be more worried for you if you weren't. It's nature's way of telling you you're on the road.