View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

He's buying alcohol. You know this. There is no way to keep an alcoholic from drinking. No way. A big problem here, and I know this because I did it myself, is that you are tracking his spending as only a controlling, co-dependant enabler can. It was my specialty. I'm surprised I didn't produce spreadsheets for her with pie charts.

Because we share a life experience I care for you, and with that caring I say If you don't go to Al-Anon, please try a few meetings. It will improve your life if you let it. Don't find excuses to not go, and don't get wrapped up in what you don't like about it (for me that would have been God-- I don't believe in God. I also used the, "it's too cult-like" excuse for a long time-- until I learned more about cults and realized there was no leader, and there are no "musts" in Al-Anon; that's kind of inconsistant with the whole cult thing.).

Just go to six or more meetings, some different, and if it still isn't working for you start seeking some other form of recovery (or just keep going). It will work if you let it.

Take care,

Cyranoak