View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clean4ever

Arrow We Now ..More Than Ever..Need The Guidance Of Our Sponsors..

Most of my amends like owing money to a grocery store was on my 8th Step list because I was 'Willing' to make restitution. However, just because its on my list doesnt necessarily mean I make direct amends. The Basic text says.."Inderect amends may be necessary where direct ones would be unsafe" (Step 9) We need to remember "EXCEPT"when to do so would injure them or others...Ourselves included. My sponsor and I thought it would be better making indirect amends. The store is still there but this was 20 years ago. Are the owners the same people I stole from? How would it look if I went into the store and said... "Your on my 8 Step list so here is my $200 dollars I owe you..." If it isnt practical it isnt Spiritual. I think that the cashier would probably put it in his/her pocket anyway. Like Missy shared their are ways of paying back what was stolen one day at a time. One way is by 'NOT' Repeating that behavior. Steps 1-8 prepare me for this Step. Sponsorship is very important here....Thanks for all the comments above..Clean