Thread: Hello :)
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 02:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
tallulah

Originally Posted by Idul View Post
Thanks for the responses. The "deep breaths" one had me giggling because just 2 hours ago I received a nasty e-mail from EX-ABF and then my computer started acting weird. Without thinking I said out loud "I can't take this, I just want to cry!". My seven year old son (who has a tendency to be less than compassionate) walked over and said "Deep breaths, mom, deep breaths." It worked like a charm and my son and I had a really great time snuggling and discussing the current situation. Thank God for resilient children and the opportunity to do better by them tomorrow!
Someone waaaay wiser than me once told me the dynamics of a break-up. It's true for ones in a normie relationship and ones in those like ours. He told me that intimacy comes in more than one form, that it's not just the lovey dovey kind but also in the arguing, angry nasty e-mail kind.

He is jumping up and down for your attention. Waving his arms around (virtually) for attention. Negative attention is still attention. But, I get the feeling, you know this Good for you for not rising to it.

Your son sounds like a little star. Deep breaths and lots of cuddles.