View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DonnaJL

I don't cope. I worry myself sick. I have a disagreeable 86 year old Mother who is a widow and lives alone, and is a 'handful' and I have a grown daughter who, when she got laid off, stored her belongings and moved from her apartment, and is basically homeless. I cannot have her stay with us, as she did once before; having to live in a very small house, with my partner's addiction and the way he behaves when he's trashed and 'on a roll', is something I cannot subject her to, especially after her being raised fearing that my ex would kill me when he was loaded. Those years traumatized her as much as it did me, probably more.
So, I worry. About her, about my mother, about my alcoholic partner and about me. I worry and I have anxiety up the wazoo, and have become more or less agoraphobic. I use Xanax sparingly and sometimes I'd really like to have a drink. I know that sounds bad, I'm not a drinker, but there sure are times it would seem nice to just chill out with a glass of wine, but I don't feel that I can do that living with an alcoholic. I feel like it would be like condoning his consumption.