Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

Originally Posted by corkel View Post
I once got the "you eat sweets" too from him. Funny, can't remember the last time I turned into a slurring, abusive, door slamming, falling down idiot after eating a cupcake!
I got the same thing because I am a smoker and he isn't. I said basically the same thing as you did and his rationale was that since I wouldn't give up smoking, he wouldn't give up drinking and in fact, drank more and more.

I bought into it in the very beginning but soon learned to stop trying to argue/reason/yell/talk over him about this because it only happened when he was in his nasty, abusive drunk stage.

Another insane argument he presented to me was that if I loved and respected him, I would have never taken my husband's name when I got married.

By the time I met ABF, I was separated (after 8 years of marriage) and had reverted to my maiden name. He kept saying I "changed" my name, lost my identity and in doing so, disrespected him and would be forever tied to the ex by virtue of taking his name. Out of all of the drunken quacking, this was the mother of all quacks - one he kept going back to over and over and over and over.

Thankfully, that has passed but the insanity of that argument always stays with me.