View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
NikNox

Originally Posted by Codie101 View Post
I truly wish you all the best. I know it must be very difficult for you and her Dad. I would definitely explore filing a formal complaint against her for child neglect. I understand your laws are different and I am somewhat disappointed as a law school grad to hear that UK is not addressing the legal needs of its children. Very frustrating. Please keep posting. Again, I wish you all the best.

Thanks Codie, very much indeed. The complaint will be against Social Services and their failings to adhere to their own guidelines, which are posted on the internet for anyone to see, and their failure to recognise that there are in fact 2 children in need in that household. I don't know if you are aware of a very high profile failing of Social Services in the UK in the case of Baby P (Google it), but the guidelines were rewritten so that it didn't happen again.

The law in this country is an ass I'm afraid, especially when it comes to Family Law. But, there's not a lot we can do to change it so we have to accept it. What we can do is try and improve the life of this very important girl, who we both love with all our hearts, and I certainly love as much as I do my own children. I will do for her what I have done for them, and I have told her that. At least that gives her something to cling on to, plus of course her father's unconditional love.

Don't worry, I will keep posting. Now I've found this wonderful site, I will contribute whenever and wherever I feel I can offer something