View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

And One Step Back

I have been happily packing all of XABF's things to send to his house and remove from my own apartment. I have a moving truck set up to arrive at my house 9am tomorrow morning (they gave me a great rate) to move everything, so I don't even have to be there.

Under the advice of my psychologist, I did not inform XABF until today, because it would allow him too much time to brainstorm a "solution" to make the move harder. I also did not include the mover's phone number, forcing him to go through me, because I was afraid he might call them to cancel my truck.

I emailed him a small notice informing him that I would be sending his things over and the approximate time the truck would arrive. This afternoon, he sent me this back:

Please toss anything you do not want.
You have my permission to get rid of anything
you do not want
He addressed it to my full name (first and last), and did not sign his name at the end at all.

He does not realize how many of his things (including valuable things - he has a massive Franklin Mint collection worth about $15k-$25k, all boxed up and ready to go) I am sending back to him, and I am thoroughly convinced he believes it is simply his shirts, shoes, and tuxedo that I will be sending. Many of these things are also personal in nature to him, including multiple Christmas presents through the years from his children, and I do not want to throw them out.

So I am not sure what to do.

I am thinking I will have the truck arrive at his house anyway, and if delivery is refused, have them take it to the Salvation Army next to their headquarters and have the Salvation Army fill out one of those tax forms and mail it to XABF for next year's taxes. (The moving company is on great terms with Salvation Army, and is always bringing back furniture people did not want to move to donate in their name, free of charge.)

I wanted to check in here first, though, and see if you had any thoughts... I will not keep his stuff, I would feel bad throwing it out, and I honestly think he's cutting off his own nose to spite his face and make me feel bad, so whatever happens, his stuff is leaving tomorrow.