View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ronf

Originally Posted by jme2788 View Post
Well I got out of inpatient and went directly to Intensive Outpatient. I got a sponsor about a week after I got out and we immediately started working the steps. I have had to cut back a little bit of my program because school started last week. But I call people every day, read the AA book, talk to my sponsor every day, hit 4 meetings a week, pray every morning and night.

My sponsor is very hands on, he holds me accountable and doesn't let me make any excuses which is great for me.

My relationship with my HP??? ummm.. it's a work in progress. I really don't know what to say. My "common sense" tells me there is no God. With all the different religions it makes me feel like it's all made up. But with that being said I'm going to church every week and like I said praying day and night.
JME hello, Sounds to me like your doing just great!! I stumbled and fell and slipped on that HP thing for almost five years. I would try and work the steps but it just wasn't working till I finally figured out that HP thing for myself. I won't go into the hows and whys I came up with this,but if your curious pm me and we can chat. What finally worked for me is; My HP whom I choose to call God is inside me! Not out in the universe somewhere. This way I know He hears my thoughts and prayers and speaks back to me as my conscience. This mainly allowed me to finally fully trust my HP and become friends with my conscience instead of it being my enemy. Then I was able to go back and really work the steps and they made sense to me. That was 14 years ago. I'm still sober,happy and comfortable in my own skin. As you'll hear at meetings "take what works and leave the rest" also applies to this forum.

All the best,

Ron