View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 02:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
scudster

Partner Problems

Hi,

Just posting as I don't know where else to go. My partner of 2 years is recovering - mostly. In her previous life she was a heroin and crack addict, with alchohol to boot. She gave up the class A about 5 years ago, but the drinking continued until she was hospitalised with pancreatitis (8 times in the last 2 years). By chance (million to one) she fell pregnant at the back end of last year and on her last hospital visit, detoxed whilst in hospital. She has spent the last 5 months sober(ish), with only 1 confirmed lapse - which was last night. Whilst having a heated discussion with her son, which she pretty much lost, her behaviour swung, up until the point she started talking about running away - something she used to do constantly until she gave up the drink. In a somewhat misguided attempt to make her see how she was behaving, I said that she was behaving exactly like she was when she was drinking.

Net result, she unwrapped a present for her step-father (a bottle of whisky) and drank 3/4 of it in one go, then stormed of to her mothers.

She returned a couple of hours later, tearful and apologetic, and attempted make-up sex... A dismal failure, as I just didn't find her attractive, and was still smarting from some serious personal insults she had made before storming off.

Obviously, this really hasn't helped things, and theres been a stoney silence since.

Its not helped by the fact that I live approx 120 miles away and can't be there daily.

I know theres not much that can be done, just needed to vent a little. I'm madly in love with her, and terrified of the damage she is doing.