View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jme2788

Originally Posted by Onewithwings View Post
I am 4 months sober as well (well, I will be Tuesday, at any rate!) and just finishing up the 8th step (still need to go over it with my sponsor).

Tell me a little about your program-- how have you been working the steps? What is your sponsor like? How often do you get to meetings? How is your relationship with your HP? I think all these things can play into how you are feeling at this stage in your recovery.
Well I got out of inpatient and went directly to Intensive Outpatient. I got a sponsor about a week after I got out and we immediately started working the steps. I have had to cut back a little bit of my program because school started last week. But I call people every day, read the AA book, talk to my sponsor every day, hit 4 meetings a week, pray every morning and night.

My sponsor is very hands on, he holds me accountable and doesn't let me make any excuses which is great for me.

My relationship with my HP??? ummm.. it's a work in progress. I really don't know what to say. My "common sense" tells me there is no God. With all the different religions it makes me feel like it's all made up. But with that being said I'm going to church every week and like I said praying day and night.