View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
lillamy

I've kept a log of when the kids have been to his house, but not a log of behavior issues/complaints related to it. Started that this weekend, thanks to you guys.

Is anybody else just about boiling on the inside about having to send children with stomach aches and tears in their eyes to visitation/custody with a parent who's clearly not even emotionally able to care for themselves?

I was bawling after I dropped one kid off for an off-schedule visit -- and she was going to a fun event for a few hours and coming back home. She's going only because she feels responsible for her father -- he's told her that if it wasn't for her, he would kill himself. Which qualifies as emotional abuse in my state, but no judge would put a 9-year-old on the stand.

And I'm sorry, that's not really encouraging for anyone contemplating leaving -- but the thing is, even if they get emotionally abused when they are with him, at least they're only with him a fraction of the time now. And I have the bulk of the time to build them up. At least that's what I'm telling myself.