View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 12:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
LucyA

Originally Posted by ShiningStars View Post
I can't say how much everyone's posts mean to me regarding this situation!!! I get more encouraged (even empowered a little) with each suggestion. My worry about 'what if' has really be paralyzing.

corkel - I wish I could say every other purchase was booze. It's more like 5 booze purchases to one for groceries or bills, sometimes more.

Alexis - your post wasn't uneccesary Hopefully the information everyone is sharing will help others in a similar situation.

Coyote - thanks SOOOOO much for the info you shared! And the fact you are also in Texas is a bonus - hopefully the stuff that helped you will also be helpful for my situation... I've read several of your posts about your daughter (LMC I think..?) She's lucky to have you as a father I will definitely check out the link you provided. I have NO money for lawyers, so knowing what other options are out there is helpful.

Please keep sharing ideas, suggestions, links, whatever! I know I'm not the only one in this situation. I've been paralyzed by fear for so long, and hearing how others have made it through this type of situation (and the resources available) is giving me hope...and the determination I need. Thanks

I just read this again, and I thought of another thing I was told.
If you have a genuine opportunity to involve agencies such as the police, social services, school, or anyone involved with your child or anyone else do it, because it'll be on record.

I hope you don't need to, but you know, the record will be there if you ever do.