Thread: Narcissism
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by Jakers View Post
He has never fealt "entitled". I was an opinionated, strong woman (still am) and he thought he could change that and control me. Especially when he is drinking.
He felt "entitled" to a woman who would do what he wanted her to do.

My XABF insisted on driving me to work, and started to drink if I even suggested taking my car somewhere. He would give me choices, then get furious (and verbally and emotionally abusive) when I picked the thing he didn't want me to pick. When I didn't get as upset as he wanted he'd make it a point to make me MORE upset. Everything was my fault, not his. At work he monopolized my time working on HIS projects (which I didn't have authorization to work on) to the point my boss started noticing and kept sitting me down for little "talks" - but I was more afraid of XABF than of losing my job. He decorated my entire apartment, and any input I tried to make was met by drunken screaming matches. He spent more than we could afford, so I stopped buying things for myself because "we" couldn't afford them.

Now that he's out, I can afford them, although not as many of them as I used to be able to afford right now, because I have to pay down quite a few credit cards and loans first... What a mess.

But I'm free! No more drunken tyrants.