Old 01-22-2011, 02:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
MissGuided

Originally Posted by ImReadyToQuit View Post
I was thinking about having a drink today and stumbled upon this post... My prayers are with you. Thank you for sharing..

I'm 36.. Haven't been officially diagnosed with anything, but blood tests have never been good... And I sound a lot like your husband.. I'm the same drunk or sober.. I think thats why my wife has tolerated the situation..
You dont know how happy that has made me to read that - that my story can help just one person not drink today

My AH is a gentle giant and he is so popular because everyone just likes him. The alcohol never turned him into an a-hole when drunk, which seems to be the case alot with most A's.
I think thats why so many people have been calling and texting over the last few days as there is genuine concern for him.
But i look at him now lying in that hospital bed: looking so much less then his usual 6'3'' stature. He has lost so much weight, the skin is just hanging off his once muscular arms, he looks at least 10 years older then his 37 years, he cant swallow so he cant eat, he is so weak that he cant make it to the bathroom, in fact yesterday he went on the commode and I had to wipe him - which was a very humbling moment for both of us let me tell you He is crying on and off all day and is absolutley petrified of dying and not seeing his daughhter grow up. Its just so heartbreaking to witness this, he has sank so low.

Im sure if he could go back now he would have tried harder to stop or saught recovery before it was too late. I guess that it something we will never know now. I do know that he thought this would never happen to him, certainly not this young anyway

I love your user name btw! Its a great name! My prayers are with you also, one day at a time right? today is a good day!!