Thread: Narcissism
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Originally Posted by goldengirl3 View Post
Thank you floss. Um yes my threads are all about him because the forum is family and friends of alcoholics. Duh. I'm not here to check in with you guys and assert where my "recovery" is. While I am apparently focusing on him...apparently you are focusing on me. I don't post about ME because I don't need this thread for that. Furthermore, you don't know me. Don't make assumption. If you hadn't noticed, I haven't even posted on SR much lately because I don't care as much lately. That's progess but I guess you guys already decided different from your magic crystal balls over there.

if you aren't interested in the topic of this thread, there are plenty of other threads you can post.
I'm a little confused here.
You started a thread about a topic that's been discussed and probably heatedly before. I'd like to think we're all ultimately here to listen to everyone's situation, reflect on our similarities, find commonalities and respond to what other people brought up. This entire friends and family section is a safe place for all of us to come and share our experiences and try to find some recovery or solace and hey guess what? Maybe even make some friends and find out that we're not alone and probably have the same problems. Sometimes it doesn't always travel the intended path but it's just strange to start a thread only to tell people to post somewhere else.