View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
forge

"Do you miss me?"

Was the question of the week.

AH asked me "Do you miss me?" One question seems simple enough, right? Well it wasn't/ isn't. I didn't respond. I don't know how to respond anymore. I didn't want to say "No" and hurt his feelings. I didn't want to say "Yes" and give him false hope either, so I ignored the question.

Then I get another question "Is there some reason you didn't answer my question?" I replied back "When you ask those questions, it makes me feel crazy...like you think I SHOULD feel some way (or else you wouldn't bring it up). I don't want to feel crazy."

He replied back "Then don't"

In my mind, If I missed him....I would have told him I missed him. I don't need or want him to ask me if I miss him. It aggravates me to no end.

I don't even know if I have a point in discussing this topic. AH is in rehab and about to be released soon. I'm already dreading it. I feel pressured. I keep repeating to him "Don't pressure me" when he brings up staying together. He makes little comments such as "a family needs to stay together" while talking.

However, the above questions followed a previous message-from earlier in the week -that said "I can't wait to get out of here so I can have a drink". He apparently was having disagreements with other people at the facility and in a bad mood. I believe he is serious though maybe he was being sarcastic.
I guess I'll find out soon enough!