Old 01-21-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Codie101

Coyote 21...Thanks for sharing your post. I definitely see many many similarities. My grandmother (Nana) is severely codependent and after divorcing my grandfather went on to marry another alcoholic who was extremely difficult to live with. Yes, when my mother was working or off doing "her" thing, I was with my Nana. The alcoholism and codependency runs crazy in my family and I don't know why I never saw it before this week. I guess I always thought that you had to actually DRINK alcohol to be an alcoholic. Nope. I was wrong.

I am frustrated that I didn't realize all of this when I was 23 and about to make my first huge marital mistake, but of course, maybe this is my lesson in life to learn. I am now 44 yrs old. I am ready to break free of this cycle. I have 2 daughters which my exH refuses to let me see. They think I hv abandoned them. Long story...

Hmmmm, women smarter???? haha I am pleading the 5th on that. I think I have been stewing on this for quite sometime and my ABF's crazy behavior just made me dig a little deeper. If it weren't for SR and folks like you, Coyote21, who knows how long it would have taken me to connect the dots!?

Thanks again for sharing...it helps so much.