Thread: Narcissism
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 03:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Floss

Well, from looking at GG's joining date, she's only been on for 3 months and she's seeing a counsellor and is nutting out, in her own time, where she's been and where she wants to be. It took me a year from joining SR to write my first post and I've only posted 191 times. I have a life time of unravelling, I can't see myself getting past step one for a few more years, lol.

And I thought I was all done with that years ago. I was the spiritual one, I practised and learnt raja yoga, hands on healing, Reiki and Seichim, past life regression, chakra healings/cleansing, rebirthing, forgiveness. I have loads of spiritual books and have talked to my 'guides'. Who was I kidding? That's what I call diversion tactics. I was living in a fantasy world where everyone was love on the inside. Stepping out of my 'love and light' world has been a revelation. It's now that I can look at the 'reality' of my life and hopefully lose the 'magical thinking' without turning cynical? This is the time in my life where I can say, "That person is not healthy for me and I need to guard myself from them" instead of "Oh, they just need acceptance. They're hurting. If I treat them as I'd like to be treated, they'll be magically transformed by my healing, loving energy". Give me a break! I was doing that for YEARS. I did it my whole life and right up until 3 or 4 years ago. It was time for me to wake up out of a so-called 'spiritual coma' and face the fact that my life was unmanageable and also to face the fact I was raised by an alcoholic who abandoned me and a valium popping violent narcissistic mother only to go on repeating those patterns with partners. To go from where I was and to tap into that suppressed anger, fear and grief was one giant leap for me. I felt unsafe, scared and unsupported. This is when I needed to research the reality of what I was living, including the alcoholism and abuse I lived and turn to my Higher Power. Right now, I feel like an infant learning how to walk.

We all come from different places, different backgrounds and have had different experiences. We may not all think the same, but sometimes we need to know there is a safe place we can share as many of us have not had this before. Some of us have fumbled along until we've reached a brick wall, our rock bottom. That brick wall brought me here, as it has many. Speaking for myself and maybe for some others, as long as I can trust I'm heard and not judged, whilst also accepting there are differing opinions, not taking offense at the differences, and accepting gentlly guided 'tough' love when I'm ready, I will continue to feel safe to post and will continue to grow in my recovery.