Old 01-20-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
hopingforlife

Originally Posted by Verbena View Post
Go read this article. It really helped me to understand what was happening to my alcoholic husband. He was acting and talking crazy because he's been drinking so long that he was crazy.

The person I married and raised my children with is GONE. There's this shell of a person walking around my house. He looks sorta like my husband, he sounds like him but he's an alien.

allpositiveoptions. com/TheAlcoholicPersonality. htm The Alcoholic Personality - Page 1

Also you might want to look up things like "wet brain" and the physical
effects of alcohol.

I'm sure your Alanon meetings will also help you to understand what's going on.
Oh man, this is so her:

The Alcoholic And Grandiosity

The alcoholic is a classic case of “an egomaniac with an inferiority complex.” . lol.

basically 'i'm great and you're a pos' is her m.o. through and through. Damn these people are weird.

And she has many of the personality traits in that article, thanks. I could never tell if she was schizo, or BPD, or just a freak as well as being an alchie, but i guess many of her behaviors are just alchie. Man, alcoholics are really grotesque *shudder*. Big thanks for that link.

And i have also or used to have but now they are improving, many of those as well. I used to be concerned about the world, instead of myself, i am perfectionist, i used to lie, i used to think nothing was my fault and it was just everyone around me...etc.

i still have a LOT of work to do, but being raised like that, i didn't know much different, coupled with frustration, i took on a lot of those traits. After i went through some training group, i can't remember what it's called, it really helped. Something like IBFD or something, whatever BPD's take to help improve life.

Actually, that article made me feel better, it's good to know she's not just an evil maniac. I don't know how long it will last, but i just took a big sigh of relief. ! That was wild.