View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Lilly1

Well, it's a week now since the fight and tomorrow will be a week since I told him to leave. He has touched base with all his siblings, but continues to ignore me and his father. We're not sure if he's still drinking or not. His 22 year old brother asked him how it was going earlier this week and he promptly stopped answering texts once the conversation went to alcohol use!

I feel about the same...surprisingly still angry when I re-live the situation. I'm still extremely worried about this whole process of letting him hit bottom....I keep reflecting on what will happen to him if he loses his job, his apartment, his friends, etc, etc. While my brain completely understands the need to let him experience these consequences on his own, my "mom" side of the brain isn't comprehending how he'll ever recovery to sobriety and a good life if I only let it get worse.

I'm kind of starting to feel like this whole 3 C's process is really just a good way for me to ignore the situation. I have the 12 steps in front of me at all times (including on my phone!) and I think I have a great handle on #1...but after that ????

I can't get past that I'm leaving him "hang out to dry"...and I'm not being supportive. Well, he won't take my calls anyway, so I guess that's a mute point. And I'm also having trouble understanding his anger towards me. Maybe he needs a scapegoat for all this and if his life really does go into the crapper, will he EVER be able to speak with me again? or will he always hold me responsible for this?

My thoughts of the day