Old 01-20-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
parentneedshelp

Need advice, comments everything welcomed...

hello all, I have begin to disconnect with my AD but am having an issue i am not sure how to handle. She got out of jail on the 10th of Jan and i have not seen her since, i have had her daughter for the past 4 months now. She contacted me yesterday via text (god for bid she actually pick up the phone and call) asking if she could see her daughter. now i do not have legal custody of my granddaughter all i have is POA which means my daughter could come at anytime and get her.. Of course it would take the police in order for her to take her from me. So my problem is i agreed to let her see her last night at my house at 7 pm. well 6:45 i get a text with an excuse as to why she cannot make it tonight can we change it to tommorrow night. So do i keep playing this game putting my things on hold in order for her to come and see her daughter that she has not even tried to find out how she was doing for over a week. of course prior to this before she went to jail for a month she only saw her daughter about 3 times in 2 and 1\2 months. do i let her see her whenever she does decided to show up or do i just flat out say NO.. I know i need to get DCF involved but their track record here in town is not very good I have seen them too many times give the children right back to the parent even with proof of them doing drugs and i just cannot take that chance of my granddaughter going back to that enviorment. any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed please...