View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ZombieWife

Originally Posted by Eiffy View Post
He does still go to his 4 NA meetings a week and stays on after every meeting to talk, so I guess I'm lucky with that. He was obviously beginning to slip for months to cause this relaspe but he never stopped going to meetings. Whether he shared even or took even notice is another thing altogether!

I guess he just knows how hard his first meeting was and doesn't want me to have to do it alone. I suppose I could do with the moral support for the first meeting. I am already pretty nervous and I only just really decided in my own head that I'm going to go for this. And it would be nice to have that company until I'm more comfortable. And it will make sure I don't back out and end up standing at the entrance wondering whether or not to go in!

I most definitely want to try to go it alone then. Once I have the first one or two under my belt. I know I shouldn't think this way but it's partially because I don't want to burden him with worrying about me......but mainly because I want this to be about me. I want to do this for me. Because even though I thought we had a perfect relationship until the relaspe I was drowning and didnt even realise it. I was losing myself and who I am because I let him become the most important thing to me.....far more important than I was to myself.
My first meeting was scary. But, you learn quickly that:

1. You don't have to talk if you don't want to.
2. You are among supportive people.

Go and tell the leader you're new and you just want to sit and listen. Absorb it and go from there.