View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Eiffy

Thank you very much for your support and advice. He is clean again 3 days now and is back at counselling and we are all just taking things one day at a time. He has told his parents everything that has gone on and everything lie thats been told so we all currently are totally aware of all the facts and everything is out in the open.

I havn't seen him yet but I've spoken to him on the phone and we've had long chats about where we go from here. He has offered to ask the councellor for the relevant literature for me and even has asked if I want to go to the nar anon meetings (without me even having to mention it) and so.....especially after my advice on here I think I'm going to go for it.

We are both only 21 so I think all the support I can get will help me.....and I'm starting to see that if I don't help myself I'll never be able to help him. We were only friends when he went to rehab so I was never taught to deal with this and will admit I did spend time thinking I'd contributed to if not in some way caused his relaspe. I now thankfully have started to understand everything a little more clearly, its going to take me a while to fully accept that i'm not to blame but I too am taking this one step at a time in terms of me and how i recover from this.

I have this website and all of the advice and kind words I've been given to thank for making me see that its not selfish of me to make sure I look after myself and ensure I get to deal with this relaspe and the life that goes with addiction in a way that helps me.