Old 01-19-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
meditation

I'm a recovering addict. I spent 3 months seperated from my family in a rehab and a sober living home. I must be different, because I could not wait to get out of rehab and back to my family. I went to 90 meetings in 90 days after rehab and I spend about 3 meetings a week now in NA or AA. I don't however do meetings after the meetings, I do my meeting and get on with my living and making amends to my family. I don't need to make amends to a bunch of people I just met or learn how to live sober I guess because in my particular case my addiction started up in my 40's. I felt bad enough leaving my family to fend for themselves which I think was good for them but also I missed them too and I wanted to be "present" where I had been there in body only. It has been rocky at times, because being newly clean/sober is an emotional rollercoaster but we have done fine. My husband is supportive but I also don't hang out every night away from my family. I did morning meetings so I could be home every night. Every recovery I guess is different. I don't know what to tell you about your particular case, it would also break my heart. I hope things get better for you in whichever direction you choose to take. Recovery is important to me but it is also not the only thing in my life either. Hugs for your pain