Old 01-19-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
cutelittlewife

haha wicked that's true. Although being special makes up for it.

LaTeeDa - it's not that I EXPECT my husband to reciprocate the nice things because I do them for him. I expect it because it's normal and I do like when he for example gets me Take5 candy bars (they are so hard to find sometimes) or a bag of cherries in the winter. I obviously don't expect him to do those things in return for things I do, but because we're married and those things make us happy. Married people do nice things for each other because they love and care about one another. I think this whole 'independence' and 'individuality' has been going a little over the top and maybe that's why there are so many divorces in this country. My parents have been married for 32 years and my Mom still gets breakfast in bed and she'd still throw a blanket over my Dad when he falls asleep and it's not a contest of 'who does more' but it's so natural. And that's what I'm talking about.
We really love each other and we're best friends and genuinely love spending time together goofing around and acting silly. I hope you're not getting the idea that I'm following him around putting his gloves on or shoving sandwiches down his throat or hugging him when he's shooing me away. We've been married for over 5 years and this is our first crisis and I know our marriage deserves a second chance and I know the tone of this forum is a little on the negative side so I don't expect too many 'good for you' 'you go girl' 'woo hoo for love'. I'll see in a few years, I really hope to prove you guys wrong. And I know you hope that I do too