Old 01-19-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
cutelittlewife

Originally Posted by stella27 View Post
to be honest, I thought your username shows that you're dependent on him for your identity, not that you're narcissistic. It sounded to me like you derive your identity from being his wife. "Little" sounds like unimportant and powerless and "cute" like you're concerned with appearances.
Ha ! I knew someone would say that Those are the downsides of being known only virtually... I am, indeed, cute and quite small in size (although I have no confidence issues, believe me. I have a big ego and have been struggling for years the feeling of being better than everyone else. I've never looked up to anyone and have yet to find a person of authority. Maybe that's why I've always solved my own problems and AlAnon won't work for me, because 'what do they know'). And 'wife' - absolutely I am a wife - that's the reason I even came to this forum. No other alcoholics in my life other than my hubby.

atalose - he's well aware I will leave him if he ever drinks again. I put some time aside this weekend so we can sit down and write a post-nuptial agreement so in case he relapses we don't have to deal with all that crap but know exactly what we're doing about the house, the car and the child/ren. I'm dead serious about this. I'm really sorry about the way your relationship turned out. There are a lot of good men out there without these issues... I wish you the best of luck in finding the right one.