View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
atalose

It’s funny my ex never really had excuses, it was more of I’m sorry, I don’t know why this is happening again, I made a mistake (all the typical down playing of the relapses)

Then about 2 ½ years ago he woke up one morning in severe pain, his back had locked up. He went to the ER, they gave him some pain medication in a shot, sent him home and told him to follow up with a dr. That Dr did an MRI, discovered some degenerated disks and the rest is pain pill history.

My ex addict basically won the lottery! a legitimate justification to obtain pain pills. He had a script from a real Dr stating he had a real reason to use. He got a lot of mileage out of that one, even made his way through drug testing at work, as long as he had that script he was golden. Funny how when he decided to get himself clean and went on the suboxone how that pain just seemed to go away.

Then an arm injury in Oct (another legit reason for a script) sent him plummeting into relapse, he spiraled down in a matter or weeks…….guess there is a lot of truth to the saying: While you are sitting in an AA meeting, your addiction is out in the parking lot doing push ups!!!!! His certainly was………