View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Roisin

tell me why this is not a good idea

My AH is leaving.He has removed his name from our joint tenancy agreement and is staying with his daughter.He has a house lined up to move in next week.He has not had a drink since Thursdy ,and says he has finally realised that he is an alcoholic and the only hope is to stop drinking altogether.This is certainly a new one,previously he has been able to stop,often for several weeks without any obvious symptoms but this time he had a seizure and ended up in hospital.He is terrified and is going to an addiction centre ,and says he will attend AA.
The thing is that I haven't filed for divorce as I was so sure I would, I broke down in tears at the soliciors office and she advised me to wait a while if I was unsure.He is verbally aggressive and difficult,though not phyisically abusive.I would like to live separately but stll see each other .I have not made his sobriety a condition to this but have made it clear that if he was drunk or had a drink in the time we spent together I would simply leave.We have been married 23 years and have two grown up children, both now left home.Am I being realistic in thinking this might work out.The solicitor says that by removing his name from the tenancy he has no right to be there against my wishes ,so if he was to turn up drunk or just become a nusiance I could have him removed