Old 01-19-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Demut

Good Morning Marie ~ You grabbed my attention my dear! November 10, last fall, I received my second DUI, the first was, just like you, 8 years ago; a mere slap on the wrist that one...
I have had my day in court and for what its worth, I'll share with you how it came out for me. Just know Marie, I know EXACTLY where you're at this morning!!

The morning after my DUI I called the mental health faciliy nearby and requested an assessment. I wanted to be proactive on my own without the need for anyone to tell me what to do. I then scheduled an appointment with a qualified criminal attorney. The assessment revealed a need for relapse out-patient treatment which I immediately enrolled in - this is held mon - wed evenings. Additionally I hit the meetings (something I had gotten away from) and secured a new sponsor. Court was held the day before Christmas and in retrospect I have to say that we were successful in taking advantage of the court's generous spirit, Christmas and all!! My sentence was mind boggling - I nearly fell to my knees in gratitude. I was given two days in jail, which was waived for the mere five hours or so I spent in jail after I was picked up and I was given a month house arrest which ended up being 22 days. Additionally they allowed me to take a pre-planned trip across the country where I had already purchased airline tickets for the holidays...

You'll come out of this ok! Acceptance is the key my friend. It is what it is. You'll likely have the option of workhouse if they to impose jail time; moreover you can get the interlock device for your car so you can drive.

Please stay around here - you'll get the added support you'll need. You're not a bad person my friend, you do however, have a bad disease and you'll need to discover your own path for recovery - for active recovery, so that you do not become a repeat offender...
Keep the faith
~d