Old 01-18-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hopingforlife

Originally Posted by goldengirl3 View Post
Hmmmm. I don't really have enough information on your situation but my first answer would be they build a lot of resentment towards you. An active alcoholic doesn't process things like we do - if you say the wrong thing or do something they don't like, they let it build and fester and create a lot of resentment. Or they are very focused on someone else so that they don't have to focus on themselves. Or they just like to fight and create drama so they have reasons to drink.

It's hard to make sense of crazy - but so far these are the things I have learned here.
just a tiny bit of the situation, she would rant and rave (that i understand is common of the alcoholic, not sure why. Her rants were full of hate (you lazy piece of ----, you fat lazy (i was neither fat nor lazy), look what you've done!!! (um. picked up your kids from daycare, buy your coffee and pasty every morning before school, pick your kids up and babysit them and tuck them in at night? and at age 12! lol, yeah, really horrible person i was! (*sarcasm*).

I guess resentment makes sense, she can't admit it is she who ruined her life so she thinks children are baggage and did it? (She was constantly raving that she was "cooker, cleaner, bottle washer", so that kinda makes sense. But so many of them behave this way i think. Still, really bizarre. For example, many parents have to cook for their children, why would alcoholism lead them to believe it is terrible that they have to cook?

Is it brain rot maybe? what is *wrong* with these people? i get the disease part, but daaaaamn these people are freaky.