Old 01-18-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
MissGuided

Yes I am going to get to a meeting. I think it will really help. I dont know why I am afraid to run into someone I know...I mean if they are there too then we are in the same boat right?
You see I work in a bar in the neighborhood we live in, everyone knows AH, everyone knows his problem, people have seen him lately and are shocked at his apperance...he is completely jaundiced - head to foot. and his eyes are beyond yellow - they are nearly orange now!
I know all the bartenders in the neighborhood, so I am told of when he has been going into bars etc
then all my customers always ask how he is and of course always have to add their little anecdotes or feel the need to tell me of a recent sighting or rumour of him drinking.
It exasperates me! so to go to al-anon in the same neighborhood makes me balk a little bit. but i want to go, maybe i will go to one a couple of miles away instead.
am i being silly? i wish i could explain it better
(btw I would love to get out of this job but with a young mouth to feed and zero child support i dont have much choice for now but I am working on it!)