View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Eiffy

Boyfriend has relasped

My boyfriend of 6 months relasped Sunday night after 9 and a half months clean. I didnt hear from him Sunday as he was in work and he went to an N.A. meeting Sunday night and after having what he's described as one of his worst days ever he bumped into a fellow addict who he met at meeting who had relasped and had a smoke with him. I had a text from my boyfriend before he went to work Sunday but didnt hear from him for 49 hours after this and only found out about his relapse today after spending the past two days wondering if he was even dead or alive. I love him more than anything and know he feels the same but I don't know if I can or even should do this anymore. I will do whatever it is to help him and just want to see him recover from this and get back on track but I don't know if I'm whats best for him anymore. I can't help but feel somewhat responsible and feel very unhappy with myself and ashamed that he felt he couldn't come to me in his time of need. I have tried to aid his recovery for the past 9 months (as we were friends long before our relationship began) and get him to open up to me about it but felt he never took it as seriously as he should including constant lying....the worst was when he claimed he had a sponsor named Con for 4 months and used to meet up with him every Wednesday, only for me to find out this person was made up and he had no sponsor and still doesn't despite me pleading with him to get one and doing plently of research on the internet as to the benefits of having one. I love him so much and really just want to see him happy and to recover from this but I don't know how to do this. Any advice on what I should do and what would be best for him would be greatly appreciated. Thank you