View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by Codie101 View Post
He took me by the throat and shoved me against the wall in front of everyone.
There is no excuse for abuse--ever. It is progressive and will get worse. You are in danger.

Originally Posted by Codie101 View Post
How can I make this work in the short term without leaving? I am not in a position to leave him financially. When he becomes his alter-ego, what is the best thing to do?
In short, there is no way to make this work. Not in the short term, or the long term.

I know it's tempting to believe that this isn't the "real him." That his "alter-ego" takes over when he's drinking, but this is who he is. Both the kind, sweet, loving part, and the mean, abusive part. All of it is who he is. You cannot separate the two.

The best thing to do? IMO the best thing to do would be to call a DV hotline and talk to them. They are trained to provide help for situations like this. They can offer advice, practical suggestions, and even temporary shelter if needed.

I hope you will remove yourself from the wrath of this person before he seriously harms you.

Here is a link to some phone numbers. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

Please be safe.

L