Old 01-17-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MissGuided

Hi. I'm new here but definitely not new to alcoholism!

Hello!
After reading a few forums on the internet, this one seems a fit to me and I finally decided to join and post.
Now seems as good a time as any as my AH has just been admitted to the hospital for the 2nd time in 2 months. He was sent on his way 2 months ago with severe alcoholic hepaitis and was told that if he drank again he would not see 40 (hes 37)
And now hes back in again with swollen legs, feet and abdomen and having fluid drained from them. I know he couldnt have stopped drinking. obviously. Maybe he wasnt drinking his beloved Southern comfort anymore but he was still definitely drinking his equally beloved budweiser.
You see I cant really be sure of what he was drinking or how much because i left him in April after his first stint in rehab. He came out and was drinking a week later and i realized with a heavy heart that he was never going to change and for the sake of our 2 and half year old daughter i left.
I believe this is the end for him and that he is dying.
So now of course guilt weighs upon me and it doesnt matter how many times my friends and family say that it wasnt my fault and that he would still be drinking anyway whether I was still with him or not, i still cant help but feel that last years events just fast tracked him to where he is now.
Anyway, wow, I'm sorry i didnt mean to go on so much, it was only supposed to be an introductory post, but i must say i feel half better already just typing this. So thanks, and HI!!