Thread: On Display
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by StarCat View Post
It's fun, and funny, and exciting... and it's important to focus on that part, because otherwise I'll spend all my time in regret.!
You are doing great.

We had a huge two plus car garage in the house we shared and we couldn't park in there because it was always so full of junk (and beer cans) . That garage was a thorn in my side. I hated the actual garage and my head would explode each time I went out to chip ice off my frozen car. I mean I would actually glare at the garage and have hateful thoughts about it. I was such a nutter. I don't have to try very hard to make lots of analogies between that garage and our relationship. Sadly I also think it was a pretty good representation of the inside of my xah's head. Filled with old memories, jumbled thoughts, and totally un-functional due to large amounts of clutter and alcohol. Not able to discern what to keep and what to toss, unable to prioritize, never willing to do the work to finish a project.

Today, I have a garage that I can barely fit my car in. If I miscalculate an inch I'm going to lose a rear view mirror, lol, and a year later I still think to myself "I'm a lucky girl!" every time I get in my ice free, snow free car, parked in my perfectly functional, easy to maintain, alcohol free, always there, clutter free, garage.

Embrace the positives!