Thread: On Display
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by whereisthisgoin View Post
Thanks for sharing your pictures and your story. It's funny on the surface but there is so much more going on. You are like a caterpillar shedding it's cocoon - exciting stuff.
It's fun, and funny, and exciting... and it's important to focus on that part, because otherwise I'll spend all my time in regret.

I was packing all his stuff and moving it to my car.
But on Saturday I bought a new car, and I really don't want it there either.
I am going to pack up everything I can by Saturday, get some movers with a van to come, pick it up, and drop it all off at his mother's house. This way I don't feel bad that I threw out his stuff, but I still don't have to see him.

And then I can really enjoy the "new car smell". It's about time I had something for me for once, and getting out of my poor old rustbucket and into a brand new highly reliable car with the best warranty out there (7 years!) is the most responsible "me" thing I could do.
Not to mention, I can relax when I'm at home, instead of worrying how I'm going to keep 15 porcelain dolls dusted. (I think I'll pull those corner shelves out of the wall, box those up, and send them to him, too! Those were a pain to install...)

Most of the decorating in this apartment, by the way, was done while he was drunk!