Thread: On Display
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Kassie2

Sorry starcat, but I couldn't stop laughing either.... I know it isn't funny living through it though - I did have the same kind of experience with my AH. He was so changeable and with each change of interest he had to have the latest and best of whatever - we went through every religion and I have all the books to prove it - he had all kinds of running gear/yoga gear/ weight machine and weights, then there were the changes in his clothing style from suits to casual wear, and let's not talk about the changes in his eating habits - meat or veggie, pasta to protein shakes, etc. - and the pots and pans that go with it all - diet books galore and.... don't mention books - all kinds of books.

He too picked out towels and sheets and pillows and furniture etc. He planned our wedding. He wanted a new car but mine was older so he pushed me into buying a new car and then bought himself one. The phones he went through, the computors etc. I wasn't like we could afford these things but I never had a man who wanted to be so involved in stuff and had an opinion about it all.

When he first moved into my house he started rearranging everyroom and made a list of items to buy over the next umpteem years. It was crazy making. He even had an idea of where we would retire to (never minding that we didn't have that kind of money) and what we take or leave and have to buy again - and what we would be doing everyday. there was never any time to rest between changes.

So yeah, I get it. After he moved out, I spend this past year not buying one thing - making do with whatever (like I used to) and waiting for all the plans we were sucked into to run out and pare them down or eliminate them. I left things be for a long while because i just didn't want anymore change. My life is back to being simple with simple plans.