View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
briggspower

Originally Posted by tsmba View Post
You seem pretty focused on the actual taking of the medication, which is only a tiny portion of treatment. Its normal to have a flood of emotion at difficult times, no medication will stop that. I cannot understand why taking it is such a big deal....its not like you cannot do other things while it dissolves (other than eat). Hopefully your doctor will be helpful, but switching to methadone is not a trivial step, especially for the "reason" you describe!
Its tough to explain. The people close to me understand how the routine of doing this medicine has taken over my life.

Have you taken subutex? you ever go to work in front of your fellow employees, and pop a subutex under your tongue? walking around looking like a damn monkey with your mouth full of spit? then have to try to explain to others why your mouth is full of spit. This goes with anything you do. Wether it be during class in front of all your fellow students, or when you go out with friends and have to do your medicine in front of them. Then you have to keep a spit can wherever you go because god forbid you swallow some of this stuff, it will make you sick. And before you can drink/eat something I have to wash my mouth of this disgusting medicine. This is only one reason btw. I expressed a couple other very legit reasons why I dont want subs anymore. But I already know whats best for my situation right now so I dont even know why I seeked advice from strangers. Take care everyone. Maybe when im completely sober ill come back and contribute more. Thanks