Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 04:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

"You need to be more forceful when I drink, maybe remind me how sick I feel the next morning?"
"You don't realize how much influence you have over me, you could really get me to stop."
"I know that you said it's my decision to drink, and the most you can do is remind me how I really shouldn't drink, but you're not reminding me enough."
"You made a fool of me! I didn't drink at all today until you did <xyz>! Now look what you've done!"

Everything was always about him, wasn't it? My whole life was supposed to be about him, if he got his way, he was always complaining I wasn't "helping enough".

Then there's these:
"I'm not an alcoholic, I don't have to go to AA! I'm not going to be a 'meeting person'!"
"I'd stop drinking today, but I need to slowly wean myself down, because stopping drinking right away can kill a person!"
"I'm just going to take a sip now, so I don't shake, and I haven't had any yet all day!" (That is, of course, ignoring the half pint he'd polish off between 2am and 4am).
"I didn't drink all day yesterday, so I'm going to have just a small sip now, before I throw out this bottle."