Old 01-15-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
kia

Originally Posted by cutelittlewife View Post
Thanks skipperlilg. I'm not sure if I explain it correctly, but me going to AlAnon is closely tied to my husband. If it weren't for him, I would not go.
What I want from AlAnon is help me understand the alcoholic and find out what I can do to help facilitate his sobriety.
When it comes to my life, I am perfectly happy, when, of course, he's not drinking. I'm successful at work, I'm a good mommy, I don't have a problem concentrating on me and my needs, I find time for my facials, massages, etc. I know what to do to relax and to be happy and I am.
I bet you'll tell me that's not what it's about, so I'm all ears
hiya sorry just had something in here al anon is not for u to help sort out the drinker its purely there to help u and sort out your problems and u only relise what problems u truely have once u go there but i truly think it will be the best thing u ever do cos slowly things will start to make more sense my al anon friends are like my extended family now i love em all to bits and have always felt so welcome maybe also try open AA meetings if u wanna get into their way of thinking but not with your husband maybe tray another one if u can its interesting hearing it from their side as well but think one of the al ano sayings is u fix your side of the street and they fix theirs works much better that way hope it helps u xxxxkia